Todays message is “God Is Love” 1John 4:8 states ” He that loveth not knoweth not God, for God is love”.
This is a revelation of God’s Nature, and most of us are not aware of this truth.
God’s love is infinite, because of this, it takes divine revelation to comprehend its immensity.
While we were sinners and his enemies, He gave is only begotten son “Christ” to die for us.
My beloved readers, always remember as child of, you have to love your neighbour as yourself.
Todays post is ” How To Cook Obe Efo Riro”
Obe Efo Riro, is a native food of the yoruba’s, it is a vegetable soup which requires the use of water leaf and pumpkin leaf in preparing it.
You can as well make use of frozen spinach.
ii. Tomato paste
iv. Pomo, shaki and round about
v. Smoked fish
vi. Stock fish
vii. Palm oil
viii. Cray fish
ix. Onions (1 bulb)
x. Water leaf
xi. Pumpkin (vegetable leaf) or frozen spinach
xiii. Habanero or Scotch bonnet pepper
1. Sock the stock fish in water and dry fish for 10-20 (depending on the hardness of the stock fish.
2. When the fish is soft, remove the bones and cut them into smaller piece.
3. Chop the vegetable and water leaf then wash them very well.
4. Prepare other ingredients, such as the onions, cray fish, pepper e.t.c
5. Steam the shaki, pomo, round about with a little water, pepper, salt, seasoning cube.
6. As soon as the shaki starts steaming, add the dry fish, stock fish.
7. Add the beef, onions, seasoning cube, cook till all the ingredients are well cooked.
8. Add water to the pan, immediately add the cray fish, smoked fish, pepper, palm oil, allow for 5minutes.
9. Cover the pan and cook for 5-8minutes till the oil changes to a kind of yellow colour, then add the vegetables, such as the pumpkin, water leaf, or spinach.
10. Allow to cook for extra 5minutes, be mindful not to over cook the vegetables, add salt to taste,allow to simmer for 2 more minutes.
SERVE THE OBE EFO RIRO WITH AMALA, SEMOVITA, POUNDED YAM, EBA AND FUFU.