OUR SPIRITUAL FOOD
“APPRECIATE HIS WORK IN YOUR LIFE”
That’s the message for the day and the sermon is taking from the book of Ephesians 5:20 which says, “Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Welcome back to this wonderful post of the day which on “Cake Baking” the 3rd post of cake making. In cake baking, it has to do with measurements. I will be teaching us how to bake a fruit cake. Just sit back and ensure you follow instructions/steps so as to get it done right.
CAKE BAKING “FRUIT CAKE”
i. Flour- 500gms
ii. Butter- 500gms
iii. Eggs- 12
iv. Baking powder- 5 teaspoon
v. Nutmeg- 1 teaspoon
vi. Cinnamon- 1/2 teaspoon
vii. Salt- 1/3 teaspoon
viii. Baking Soda- 1/3
ix. Browning (your desired quantity)
x. Squadron- 1 cup
xi. Mixed Fruits
xii. Powdered Milk- 1 cup
xiii. Sugar- 1 cup (icing or normal sugar)
xix. Milk Flavour-1/2 (optional)
xx. Flavour (butter scotch, strawberry, vanilla or any flavour of your choice).
Measure 500gms of flour, sieve it into clean bowl, add 1 full hipped spoon of milk, 1 teaspoon nutmeg (levelled and well sieved), 1/3 baking soda (sieved), 1/3 salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and the milk milk flavour (optional). Mix all the dried recipes very well together, and cover it.
Add 500gms of butter into a clean basin/bowl, add 1 cup of sugar, and start creaming anti-clock wise or clock wise( ensure that you end it the same way you started). Cream until it becomes fluffy.
Break the eggs into a separate bowl and whisk it very well.
4. Add the whisked egg gradually into the creamed butter and sugar bit by bit, mix it properly.
5. Add 5 teaspoon of well sieved baking powder, add the well mixed covered powder along side the mixed fruit, into the creamed mixture and then fold gradually. Fold until the mixtures becomes smooth and at a soft dropping consistency.
6. Add the flavour you desire to use into the mixtures then mix it and add 1 cup of brandy and the browning into the mixture and fold gently.
Use Butter to Grease the baking pan by rubbing the butter on the edges of the pan and use Flour to dust the inside as well.
8. Light your oven, allow to heat, before naming anything.
9. Put you mixture inside the your baking pan and bake for 30minutes or more.
N/B: Taste the flavour, browning and brandy added to the mixture if its not sufficient add more to you taste.
* When you put your baking pan in the oven, allow for atleast 20-30minutes before you open the oven to check on it.
* To know if the cake is ready use a knife or lower ends of spoon and fork, at the center of the cake.
* Cakes can be properly cooked when the cake separates itself from the inside of the baking pan.
You can bake this cake without covering it with icing sugar such as, fondant icing, royal icing and butter icing.
On our last part of cake making, i will be showing us how to make cake icing for covering of the cakes.
BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR CAKE BAKING!