FACTORS ABOUT VEGETABLE
Vegetables are edible plant that can be eaten as part of a healthy balance diet, also fish and meat constitute in the balance diet plan. Vegetables comes in different form, shape and size such as,
A. Leafy type
B. The root type
They can be eaten either raw, cooked or frozen, it also helps to reduce bad cholesterol and regulate the blood sugar level.
Vegetable are low in calories and fat, but contains much Vitamins and Minerals.
Vegetables are home for many antioxidants, they help the human body to fight against so many diseases such as, Cancer, Type II Diabetes and Hypertension.
Vegetables are rich source of Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, B Complex, Vitamin C e.t.c.
WAYS TO USE VEGETABLES
After getting the vegetables, wash them thoroughly with salt (atleast 2-3 times), then rinse it with a clean water for it to be ready for consumption.
Vegetables should be used when they are fresh, inorder not to loss its nutrients.
EXAMPLES OF EDIBLE VEGETABLES
1. BELL PEPPERS: This Veggie comes in different colors, such as, Red, Green, Orange and Yellow. Bell is very rich in potassium, magnesium, Vitamin A, B, C and K.
2. CARROTS: This vegetable mostly comes in orange. Carrot is very rich in Vitamin A and C, its nutrients protects the eye, the skin and the hairs, it also protects the body against Cardiovascular disease.
3. GARLIC: It enhances Immunity in the body, due to its antibacterial and antifungi properties.
4. ONIONS: This is a vegetable that has an antioxidant that fight against cancer of the lung and prostate cancer. Onions can be eaten raw or cooked in order to get the best out of it, this veggie should be eaten raw.
5. PUMPKIN: Is a low calorie vegetable that is rich in fibre, magnesium and Vitamins. It boost the Immune System and provide a lasting energy.
6. SPINACH: Is full with almost all the Vitamins according to scientific research disease and colon cancer.
7. TOMATOES: This veggie some times people classify it toe fruit, but it serve as a vegetable. It is rich in lycopene, Vitamin A and K. Tomatoe is also known for its cancer fighting ability, it reduces high blood pressure in the body.
In Conclusion to this, One can be rest assure of a sound and healthy body system.