Coffee is the second most valuable traded commodity in the world.
WHERE DOES CAFFEINATED PLANT ORIGINATE FROM?
Coffee happened to originate from coffee berry plant found in Eastern part of Africa (Ethiopia) that was not cultivated as crop before 1000AD, but when it was discover for its’ magical property (the stimulating potential) it was cultivated.
There are two species of coffee, The Arabica and The Robusta
1. The Arabica coffee contains less caffeine, which is about 0.8 to 1.4%.
2. The Robusta coffee contains high caffeine, which is about 1.7 to 4.0%
7 FACTS ABOUT COFFEE
A. About 2.25 billion cups of coffee is consume on a daily basis.
B. The first webcam was invented at the university of Cambridge to let people know the coffee pot was full or not.
C. No matter what people tell you, coffee cannot help you sober up.
D. Coffee bean are actually the pit of a berry which makes them a fruit, the best fruit.
E. Drinking coffee may help save your liver from alcohol.
F. Coffee is a psychoactive and at high doses it can make you see things, it can also kill you.hapi
G. And lastly, Teddy Roosevelt is and was the greatest American coffee drinker consuming a gallon a day.
5 HEALTH BENEFITS OF COFFEE
Recent research shows that, there are several health benefits when drinking this dark wonderful beverage, it is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that helps the body.
1. Taking inbetween 1 to 2 cups of coffee daily can reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes disease.
2. Coffee reduce the risk of liver cancer by 40% according to Dr. Carlo La Veechia, from Milan Instituto Di Ricerchie Mario Negri, confirms that coffee is good for human health and especially the liver.
3. Coffee takes care of the heart health, daily intake of coffee protects against heart failure.
4. Coffee can help you burn fat, its a known fact that, the caffeine found in this natural substance have been proven to aid fat burning.
Caffeine also boost the metabolic rate in human body by 3 to 11%.
Brain protection, daily intake can help reduce risk of dementia disease.
Coffee’s antioxidants may prevent damage to brain cells, it also boost the effects of neurotransmitter that involve in cognitive function.
POSSIBLE CAUSE OF COFFEE ADDICTION AND SYMPTOMS
* Mild physical dependence can result from excessive caffeine intake, which leads to coffee addiction.
* As coffee lovers, the risk can make you more focused and become addictive.
* Another common problem among coffee lovers, is the wrong usage of coffee as meal in the morning.
Above all, excessive daily intake of caffeine leads to coffee addiction.
3. Trembling hands e.t.c
WAYS TO CUT DOWN EXCESSIVE COFFEE INTAKE
1. Coffee should be consume in moderation, researchers at Beth Israel Deaconess medical centre, define moderation as 2 European Cups.
2. Do not take coffee as breakfast, it should be consume with food in the morning.
3. Drink more water, whenever you get the urge to drink coffee, replace it with a cup of water (8 oz).
4. Know how much caffeine you are drinking and how its affecting your body, replace the total number of your caffeine intake with other less caffeine drinks, such as, green, tea, dendy blend etc.
N/B: By sticking to this simple tips, be rest asured that coffee addiction would become a thing of the past.