OUR SPIRITUAL FOOD
“GIVE HIM TRUE WORSHIP” John 4:23 says
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
In Todays’ post, we will learn on how to bake classic meat pie, not those type sold on the road side but the ones you find in places like, Hotels, Well Established Resturants, Super Markets and those big Eatries. Meat Pie is a small chop mostly eaten every day by people from all around the world.
RECIPES FOR THE DOUGH
i. Flour -500gms
ii. Butter -250gms
iii. Baking Powder -1 teaspoon and 1/3 teaspoon
iv. Baking Soda -1/3 teaspoon
v. Fresh Egg -4
vi. Water 1 full cup and 1/4 cup
vii. Salt -1/2 teaspoon
1. Measure 5 cups of flour, sieve into a clean bowl, add 1 and 1/3 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/3 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 of salt. After adding all dry recipes, mix them properly, now add the 250gms of Butter and use your tips of your finger to pick it.
2. Add 1 and 1/4 cup of water to the dough, mold it and allow to rest, or you can put the mixture in a water proof bag and set aside to rise.
RECIPES FOR FILLING
i. Minced Meat (stake)
iii. Green Pepper
iv. Seasoning Cube
v. Vegetable Oil
vii. Beef Flavour
ix. Soy Sauce
xiii. Flour (for thickening)
xiv. Potato (irish)
xv. Carrot (optional)
1. Peel and wash the irish potato, slice in cubbed shape.
2. Deseed, wash and slice the green pepper in cubbed shape, wash and defoliate, the Onion, Ginger and Carrot, then grate the ginger and slice both the onion and carrot in cubbed shape.
3. Place a clean sauce pan on heat, add vegetable oil allow to be well heated, add a pinch of salt, minced onions and stir fry for a while, then add the minced meat and stir fry, add the cubbed irish potato, curry, blended pepper, ginger, thyme and the beef flavour, stir fry and taste if all recipes blends if they are not, add the seasoning cube to taste and stir fry again.
4. If the mixture is dry, start by adding 1 cup of water, add the green pepper, soy sauce, carrot and little quantity of browning cover and allow to simmer.
5. Open the pan and add the well diluted flour, and cover it, after a while bring it down and allow to be cold.
ADDING THE FILLINGS INTO THE DOUGH
1. Remove the dough from the water proof, get the rolling board, place the dough on it and flatten it with the rolling pin.
2. Rub little flour in the meat pie cutter and place the dough into the peat pie cutter and use a small spoon to add the fillings into the dought.
3. Fold and use the meat pie cutter to cut, then use your fork to clip it well, use the egg white (embreyo), add little vanilla flavour to the egg white mix very well, and use the pastry brush to take the egg white and egg brush the meat pie.
4. Grease your baking pan with oil and bake.
1. Meat pie Cutter
2. Rolling Board And Rolling Pin
3. Pastry Brush
4. Oven Or Micro Wave
5. Baking Pan/Tray
6. Fork (For Clipping The Meat Pie)
7. Table Spoon (For Filling The Dough)
N/B: Ensure you keep an eye on the Meat in the oven, so it dose not get burnt.
* You can also use a micro wave in place of the Oven, but be cautious of the timing.
Happy Week-End Dear Esteem Readers!