OUR SPIRITUAL FOOD
If we want to start
seeing the power of
God manifest in our
lives, we will have to
start paying attention
to what we say.
Words have power
more than any of us
realize, but we often
speak them as though they are meaningless.
Because of that, most
believers at one time
or another have been
hung by their tongue.
Matthew 12:36-37 says,
“But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak,
they shall give account thereof in
the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be
“Every idle word” simply means non productive words. These are words
that you speak but you don’t believe.
For instance you may say, “I’m
dying to see my great great grand children”
You really don’t mean you’re dying, but you said it anyway to
emphasize the eager you are to see your grand children’s children.
To the main topic of the day, we will be discussing on “How To Cook Adalu (Beans And Sweet Corn Porridge)
Adalu is a Nigeria Food, mainly eaten by the people of the western part of the Nigeria (The Yoruba’s). The original name in yoruba is “Ewa Ati Agbado” and it is called, “Agwa Na Oka” in Igbo Language, it is basically one of their delicious dish. The combination of beans and corn gives it the name “Adalu” (Ewa Ati Agbado)
i. Beans – 225gms
ii. 1 Bulb Onions (Sliced)
iii. Cray fish (Grounded 1-2 Spoons)
iv. Water For Cooking
v. Corn – 225
vi. Fresh Tomatoes (3)
vii. Sawa (Smoke Dry Fish)
ix. Seasoning Cube
xi. Palm Oil
1. Select the beans from dirts and stones, add in a clean sauce pan place on heat.
2. Wash and add the corn into the sauce pan, add more water to it, and allow to for at most 40 minutes, until it becomes soft and pulpy. You can still add little water to it if neccessary.
3. Add the Seasoning cube and salt to taste, add sliced pepper, Onion and tomatoes, stir it frequently to prevent it from burning.
4. Wash the sawa, then remove the bones and the skin, then cut into pieces, and add into the pan.
5. Add the palm oil and cray fish together, then stir it again and cover for the water to dry off alittle.
6. Open the pan and check if all recipes are to taste, if they are not add the missing recipes to taste, then stir and allow to simmer for extra 5-10 minutes. It Is Ready For Consumption!
Serve With Fried Ata Sauce.
N/B: Ensure that the water is almost dry in the bean, before adding tthe other recipes such as, the palm oil, seasoning e.t.c.
HAPPY WEEKEND IN ADVANCE.