OUR SPIRITUAL FOOD
“Acknowledge The Good In You”
That the communication of thy
faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in
Christ Jesus (Philemon 1:6).
Your faith will be ineffective when you don’t know who
you are, what you have, and your abilities in Christ. It’s so important to recognize and
acknowledge your God-given potentials and blessings in
Ephesians 2:10 says, “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.”
Don’t accept what
the world says about you. Only acknowledge what God has made you, given to you, and said
about you in His Word. Acknowledge who you are in Him. We can direct our faith towards whatever situation we are confronted with for it to produce
results. However, this happens through your recognition, and
proclamation, of your heritage, origin, and abilities in Christ
In todays post i will be discussing on how to cook “Chicken Shawarma” this delicacy is a meal originated from the Middle Eastern Part of the Region.
Shawarma is a dish of garlicky meat or poultry served on pitas. This chicken
version is flavored with a savory
FOR THE MARINADE:
i. 1/2 cup malt vinegar
ii. 1/4 cup plain yogurt
iii. 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
iv. Salt and pepper to taste
v. 1/4 tsp freshly ground
vi. 1 tsp all spice
FOR THE SAUCE:
i. 1/2 cup tahini
ii. 1/4 cup plain yogurt
iii. 1/2 tsp minced garlic
iv. 2 Tbsp lemon juice
v. 1 Tbsp olive oil
vi. 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
vii. Salt and pepper to taste
i. 4 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
ii. 1/2 cup sliced onion
iii. 4 cups shredded lettuce
iv. 8 pita bread rounds
1. In a baking dish, mix the malt vinegar, yogurt, vegetable oil,
mixed spice, cardamom, salt
and pepper altogether.
2. Place the chicken thighs/breast into
the mixture and turn to coat.
Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. In a small bowl, mix the tahini, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and parsley.
5. Season with salt and pepper, after that taste to know if all recipes are to taste if they are not add more if desired. Cover and refrigerate.
6. Cover the chicken and bake in the marinade for 30 minutes, while turning it once.
Uncover, and cook for additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is browned and well cooked.
6. Remove from the baking dish, and cut
Place sliced chicken, tomato, onion, and lettuce onto pita
7. Roll it up, and top in the tahini
sauce. Ready For Consumption.