OUR SPIRITUAL FOOD
“THINK BEYOND YOURSELF”
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think,
according to the power that worketh in us (Ephesians
What this verse is trying to let us know is that, there’s power working in us; power from within. It’s the
power of the Holy Spirit.
You can make that power work for
you every time.
Just as 2nd Timothy 1:6 says, “Stir up the gift of God, which is in thee.”
Always, you must think beyond
yourself. If you’re only concerned
about yourself, and all you want is to please yourself, the power in you may never work. God’s power is given to you for the Kingdom of God, for you to be a blessing to your world.
Welcome back from our foodie naija update to our Cooking recipes update!
Today’s post is on “How To Cook Utazi Soup”.
This delicious Nigerian soup is made up of different recipes such as Spinach leaves, water leaves or
lamb lettuce, assorted fish, assorted meat and a soup thickener,
which can be either achi, ofor, ukpo or Egusi.
i. Egusi (melon)
ii. Ukpo or Achi (As Thickner)
iii. Ayiya (Cray fish)
iv. Azu okpo (Dry fish)
v. Mgbe (seafoods)
vi. Manu nri (palm oil)
vii. Aku agbo (melon balls)
viii. Okporoko (Stock fish)
x. Anu (Assorted Meat)
xi. Seasoning cube
xii. Pepper to taste
xiii. Salt to taste
xiv. Water for cooking
xvi. Water leaf
xvii. Isam (perewinkle)
xviii. Onion ( for steaming)
1. Clean the assorted meat, stock fish, dried fish and add in a clean sauce pan, season with pepper, salt seasoning cube and onion add little water for steaming set heat and place the pan on heat.
2. Slice the water leaves
and the Spinach leaves and set aside.
3. Place another clean sauce pan on heat add the manu nri (palm oil), add some chopped onion , fry a little bit and
then add the mixed egusi. After that stir the mixture continuously until
the egusi begins to bubble a little bit.
4. Without wasting time, add the meat broth and mix thoroughly, cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the Ukpo and allow for 3minutes After 3minutes add the seasoning cube, pepper and the Ayiya
(crayfish), Mix well and then add the cooked meat, stock fish, seafoods, dry fish and periwinkles.
Cover and leave to cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add the spinach leaves, allow to simmer for 5 minutes
and then add the water leaves.
7. Add salt to taste , simmer for 2 minutes. After that bring down the soup and serve with fufu, garri, boiled rice, etc
Soup is ready!