OUR SPIRITUAL FOOD
A MORE EXCELLENT GLORY
(The Beauty and Splendour of
Glory is that which inspires, produces or causes honour. If
you give honour, admiration, and
respect to someone because of something that happened, that
thing had glory, because it inspired you to honour that
Today’s post is on “How To Make Fish Roll”
This fish roll is common in Nigeria
and other West
African countries. It
involves flaked fish
rolled in pastry.
savory appetizer is deep fried till it becomes golden
However, I love my fish roll when cruncy and healthier, because it is one of my favourite snacks.
TOOLS NEEDED IN MAKING THIS SNACKS
i. Rolling pin
ii. Mixing bowl
iii. Rolling Board (wood board)
iv. Frying pan
v. Dough cutter or Knife
RECIPES FOR DOUGH
ii. butter (170g)
iii. ¼ teaspoon of salt
iv. 3 eggs (egg white)
v. ½ teaspoon of baking powder
RECIPES FOR FILLINGS
i. 2 medium fish mash
iii. Chilli pepper (to taste)
iv. Salt (to taste)
v. 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil vi. Seasoning cubes
vii. ½ teaspoon of thyme
1. Add the flour into a clean mixing bowl, add baking powder and all dry recipes then add the butter (in chunks) and then mix thoroughly. Add water bit by bit to knead.
2. Add the eggs too, add little warm water, salt and vegetable oil (about 3 spoonful) and mix till you have a smooth stretchy dough.
3. Cover the lumpy mixture with an air tight plastic wrap and leave it to breath in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Next, place the dough on a flat board/table and cut out a bit.
4. Using a rolling pin, roll out the small dough until it’s flat and then cut it to form a rectangular shape. Now add the mashed fish and fold roll the dough.
5. Continue rolling it until you get the length you desire. Heat the oil until hot (not too smoking hot) and fry the fish rolls on low heat until it becomes crusty and brown.
After that serve with a juice!
You can make the fish roll in any shape of your choice.