OUR SPIRITUAL FOOD
“GOD IS LOVE”.
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not
knoweth not God; for God is love (1 John 4:7-8).
Today’s post is about Baking “Chocolate Chip Cheese Cake”.
Oh you are going to love this delicious dessert! Chocolate
Chip Cheese Cake.
This is the best cheesecake I’ve ever had. Most People have
offered to pay me to make these for them on their birthday.
Cheesecake is a beloved dessert around the world. While many assume that it has its origins in New York, it actually dates back
much further. Which means we will have to go back over 4,000 years to ancient Greece! Sit back, grab a creamy slice of cheesecake and learn all about this dessert’s rich history.
The first “cheese cake” was created on the Greek island of Samos, which were dated circa 2,000 B.C. In Greece, cheesecake
was considered to be a good source of energy, and there is evidence that it was served to athletes during the first Olympic games in 776 B.C.
When the Romans conquered Greece, the cheesecake recipe was just one spoil of war.
They modified it including crushed cheese and eggs. These ingredients were baked under a hot brick and it was served warm. According to my personal research, It was in the 18th century, that cheesecake started to look like something that was recognize in the United
States. Around that time, Europeans began to use beaten eggs instead of yeast to make their breads and cakes rise.
Removing the overpowering yeast flavor made cheesecake taste more like a dessert treat. When Europeans immigrated to America, some took their cheesecake recipes along.
Each region of the world also has its own take on the best way to make the dessert.
The Italians use ricotta cheese, while the Greeks use mizithra or feta. Also the Germans prefer cottage cheese, while the Japanese use a combination of cornstarch and egg whites.
There are specialty cheesecakes that includes, blue cheese, seafood, spicy chilies and even
tofu! In spite of all this variations, the popular dessert’s maintain its ingredient such as, cheese,
wheat and a sweetener.
It does not matter how you slice the cheesecake, truly it is a dessert that has stood the test of time. From its earliest recorded beginnings on Samos over 4,000 years ago to its current iconic status around the world. Today this creamy cake remains a favorite for sweet tooths of all ages. Chocolate lovers can replace the graham crackers with reduced- fat chocolate water cookies or chocolate graham crackers.
It has a standard recipes of 427 calories which contains 30g fat that is about (63%), and also has a Firm to firm makeover of 179 calories and 6.9g of fat that is about (35%) amount of fat.
Cheesecake is usually sweetened with sugar and may be flavored or topped with fruit, whipped cream, nuts, cookies, fruit sauce, and/or chocolate syrup.
i. 3/4 Cup Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
ii. 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
iii. 3/4 cup white sugar
iv. sweetened condensed milk (1can)
v. 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
vi. 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
vii. 4 egg white
viii. 3 (8 ounce) packages low-fat and non-fat cream cheese (softened)
ix. 1/4 seedless raspberry jam (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Coat a 9″ spring form pan with no stick spray, set the Pan on a large square of alumnimum foil and wrap the foil securely around the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
2. In a small clean bowl, mix well the crumbs, raspberry jam and the sugar together. Press the mixtures evenly in the bottom of the well prepared pan and bake for 15minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, using a mixer at medium speed, beat the non-fat and low-fat cream cheese until it becomes light and fluffy, then add the condensed milk, egg and vanilla and beat until it becomes smooth.
4. In another small clean bowl, Toss 1/3 of the miniature
chocolate chips with the 1 teaspoon flour to coat (this keeps them from sinking to the bottom of the cake).
Mix into cheese mixture. Pour into
prepared crust in the Pan. Sprinkle top with the remaining chocolate chips.
5. Place the spring form Pan in a large pan on the middle oven rack. Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until the edges of the cake are lightly golden and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before removing from pan. Store in Refrigerator. Before making use of it.