A good 01 grilled cheese sandwich can sure hit the spot. The spot it hits is nothing else than the waist. Two slices of American cheese, two slices of white bread and 2tablespoon of butter add up to a hefty 27gramme of fat.
These South Western styles of quesadillas are a healthier alternative, plus they are well packed with the bright flavours of Salsa, Olive and two cheese.
STANDARD RECIPES: 414 Calories
27gramme Fat (59% of Calories)
FAT-TO-FIRM MAKEOVER: 134 Calories
3.9gramme Fat (26% of Calories
TOTAL PREPARATION TIME:
When you hear the word Cheese Quesadilla, what should come to your mind is,
i. What kind of cheese used is in a quesadilla?
ii. What are the recipes needed in making it?
iii. How can one make cheese quesadillas?
Not to worry, I’m here for that. Just pay attention, sit back relax while I take you down to today’s article.
1. WHAT KIND OF CHEESE IS USED IN A QUESADILLA?
The answer is: Monterey Jack
Why Monterey Jack? Because it is a superlative melting cheese, at the same time it’s as bland as One Direction. Combine it with some cheddar. Cheddar cheese is way too greasy to use in quesadillas all by itself but adds some much-needed assertiveness to the Jack when combined.
2. WHAT ARE THE RECIPES NEEDED IN MAKING IT?
The recipes needed in making this mouth savoury dish are as follows
i. 2 tablespoons shredded reduced fat Cheddar Cheese
ii. 2 tablespoons shredded reduced fat hot- pepper Monterey Jack Cheese
iii. 1 tablespoon thinly sliced Scallion’s
iv. ¼ tablespoon chilli powder
v. ½ cup warm salsa (for garnishing)
vi. 1 tablespoon chopped or sliced black olives
vii. 1 tablespoon chopped canned green chilli peppers (ensure you wear a plastic glove when handling it)
viii. 2 fat-free tortilla flour (8 diameters)
Now the final question and the final stage of this article
3. HOW CAN ONE MAKE CHEESE QUESADILLAS?
You can simply make this mouth savoury dish by following this simple procedures/step
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Brush on a little bit of olive oil just enough to cover tortilla. Flip and put oil side down on the un-greased baking sheet. Then start folding the tortillas in half over the cheese to make a half-moon. After that,
2. In a clean medium non-stick skillet over a medium-low heat, place the already mixed tortilla in the skillet.
3. Quickly sprinkle with the Cheddar Cheese, Monterey Jack, peppers, olives, scallions and chilli powder.
4. Top up with the second tortilla, using a spatula to gently press to combine the layers.
5. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until it becomes lightly browned and the cheese is well melted. (If much repeat same process till they are all finished). Cool slightly and cut into wedges. Serve with the Salsa.
Enjoy your well made Cheese Quesadillas.