OUR SPIRITUAL FOOD
YOU CAN BE A TRUE
Proverbs 4:20-22 says, “My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my
sayings, For they are life unto
those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
Getting a degree in school is important, but there’s more to
life than the degree. Education is not just the only important thing, but the most important education you receive is called spiritual education. As a christian that is the best education you need in life.
some people, having acquired an academic degree, think
that’s all they need. No doubt, it’s
good to be formally educated, but true success is of the Spirit. The Word of God guarantees your all around prosperity; that is if you give the word first place in
your life. apply the principles of God’s Word and you are sure of true success.
Welcome to our food segment, i will be discussing on how to prepare a very delicious delicacy called “Obe Eyin” (The Yoruba Version) meaning Palm Nut Soup In English, Amiedi in Urhobo, Efere Abak in Ibibio, Ofe Akwu in Igbo and Aka Mbanga in Cameroon.
The method of preparation differs from the normal way, and it is generally eaten with different swallows, such as, Fufu, Eba, Wheat, Semovita, Pounded Yam etc. It can also be eaten with Boiled Rice, Boiled Yam, Boiled Plantain and so on.
i. Palm nut
ii. Assorted meat(Shaki, Round about, e.t.c)
iii. 1 Bulb Of Onion
v. Seasoning Cube
vi. Stock Fish (Pre Soaked)
vii. Crayfish (blended)
viii. Water Or Broth
x. Pepper (blended)
xi. Bush Meat
xii. Okra (sliced)
xiii. Smoked Fish
xiv. Tomato puree
1. Cut your meat of different choice in medium size, wash properly and rince with clean water, add in a clean sauce pan, add little quantity of seasoning cube and salt, pepper, sliced onion(half part) and add a cup of water, stir properly then set a heat and place the pan on a low heat for 25-30 minutes.
2. Remove bones from the smoked fish, wash both the smoked fish and stock fish then add it into the pan on heat, cover and allow for another 10 minutes.
3. After 10 minutes bring down the pan containing the steamed recipes, place anothe pan on heat, wash the palm nuts into the pan on heat to boil on a medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
4. Wash the mortar and pistle to be well clean.
5. As soon as the palm nut is ready, remove it with a deep cooking spoon from the pan into the mortar, then you pound it, so as to remove the oil in it.
6. When that is done, get a clean sieve ready for seperation, use worn water to wash the well pounded palm nut, then sieve it out to seperate the liquid from the chaff and kernel.
7. Add the palm nut juice (oil extracted from the palm nut) into the steamed meat pan alongside the tomato puree, okra (little quantity), sliced onion and pepper.
8. Add the spices such as, the ataieko and the igeriejae spices, add the crayfish, seasoning cube and salt to taste stir and cook for 10 minutes, till the soup is thickened.
9. Taste to know if all recipes are to taste, if they are not add more to taste.
OBE EYIN IS READY FOR CONSUMPTION! Serve With Pounded Yam (Iyan) Or Usin/Egun Obobo which is (Starch and Plantain pudding).
* Fresh fish and
shrimps can be used also.
* Grounded Melon seed, little quantity can also be added instead of the Okra.
* Freshly washed bitter leaf can also go.